Monday, March 21, 2011

Q Mail: March 21st

I got spiffy Qs in the mail today!

2 - $5 off any version of Gillette Venus razor
& 1 - Free Puffs with Vicks Scent (48 - 88 CT box)

"How do I get these high value coupons!?" you ask?

All I did was sent a message via the "Contact Us" form on the Gillette Venus site to let Proctor & Gamble know how much I love their Venus series of razors. By spending 10-15 minutes out of my life to let my favourite brands know how much I appreciate & enjoy their product (or once in a while submit a suggestion or complaint) -- I receive coupons.

Last week I also received 3 - $1 off any Tyson product (which I used to bring my favorite, their All-Natural Chicken Breast Filets down from $7.99 on sale from $9.99 retail down to $6.99 & will most likely get 2 or 3 meals out of that one bag). I'm also expecting some from Banquet as well. They were nice enough to e-mail me & let me know I should be expecting them in 4-6 weeks (I've never once had anything delivered in that timeframe... It tends to be earlier).

I do recommend that if you pursue this route....

+ Keep track of who you've email:.
Let's not be selfish here ;) I'd say maybe an email once a year will do ya. If you do decide to email sooner, try using your spouses' name (but be aware that some use the "one offer per household" line) and/or an alternative address (like a PO Box or a *WILLING* relative's address).

+ Be specific:
Sure, it's always nice to hear that your product/company is appreciated & doing a good job. But go beyond that, make them really feel you are in it to give them a good review (or complaint -- Do NOT fake liking them if you had a bad experience. Constructive criticism is better then lying.) rather then just in it for the free coupons.

+ Don't expect coupons:
I've emailed bunches & bunches of companies and gotten not so much as an e-mail back thanking me for my time & appreciating me a customer. Don't take it too personal. They probably get millions of responses a day. Be gracious when receiving coupons in response.

That's really it..
Not sure where to start?

Take a look in your pantries or stockpile. Take note of brands you love & maybe even brainstorm up some you've tried but didn't love, but would be willing to give another try if given a cheap opporunity to do so.

Also, check out CouponingToDisney.com's "5 a Day". Kristen not only has companies she has emailed listed, she has a spread sheet of coupons/samples she's received in return in order to give you an idea of what you may expect back.

No comments:

Post a Comment